Wednesday, April 12, 2006

No Regrets?

What's wrong with regrets? Why do people always say "yeah, i don't have any regrets.... things that happened, decisions that I've made, good or bad, made me who I am today... blah, blah, blah". I think it's mostly pride talking, because I don't have a problem acknowledging a mistake. Maybe the word "regret" carries some baggage that im not aware of. As if it is a personal affront to someone to suggest that their life is filled with regrets. Now, you can't live your life thinking "what if", but every now and then it wouldn't hurt to hear someone say "yeah, i probably shouldn't have done that".

Not having regrets seems to be a rather recent trend, because I don't remember people acting like this when I was growing up. People from all walks of life do this. It doesn't matter if they're rich or poor, male or female, old or young, etc. They will inevitably conclude their insignificant story by emphasizing how they don't regret anything, which to me means they didn't learn a damn thing either. But then again, maybe it's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home