Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Talk about a bad student

Today is Tuesday, which is the second of exams. I just took the first, and more difficult test. It's worth 40 percent of the final grade, and since this is a major course, I cannot get a bad grade in this class (or else id have to come back to school next semester, at which point im going to start a cult and plot to take down the professor who failed me).

So how about yesterday I "read" over 500 pages of semester-long readings that were exam material. I seem to know alot about the social security reforms now (400 pages of social security history will do that to you). Hopefully, my 8 hours of hard-work pay off come final grades.

I should be gearing up to take the second exam, which is later tonight at 7 pm, but as you can tell by this post, im not. I realized something. This class is an elective. Furthermore, this class is based on a points system. As of now, im eliminated from getting either an A or an F. To get a B, I need to get a 78% on the final; 35% to get a C; just show up to get a D. So, im thinking I don't need to put too much effort into this. You would think i'd go for the easy B, seeing as how I only need to get a C. However, after I did the math, it turns out that my overall GPA, which is the only factor since im not going to fail this class, is only going to move up 1/100th of a point, whereas a C would move it down just as much. So, I have a pretty big cushion going into this exam. Make a 35% or better, and im set.

Alright, enough of this school stuff. It won't matter much in a couple of days anyways, considering that im GRADUATING!.

How about we talk about how horrible of a student I am. I have been in the library for a considerable amount of time in the last day or so. I've noticed students take studying rather seriously. I mean, every fifteen or twenty minutes I take a break. These idiots are all over their books for hours on end. I mean, it's a sight to see. Im thinking "what's that about?". Are they trying to impress future employers with their "work ethic"? Do they think they will have a leg up on me? .... well, they're probably right. But, the important thing here is that I continue to take my breaks and pick my battles. Soon enough, my plan will pay huge dividends. Either that, or as some moronic comedian once said, "im fucked".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home