Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Finally!

So I quit my job. Yeah, I really quit my job. After 8 and a half months, I finally quit my job. It was one of those things on my "to-do list". I really don't have a to-do list, but I think I should; as a matter of fact, I should put that on my "to-do list". It would help things function more smoothly. Anyways, yeah...... I finally quit my job.

It should've happened a long time ago. Quitting my job, that is, it should've happened a long time ago. I planned on quitting my job right after I graduated. This was to take place sometime between christmas and new year's. But I didn't. I didn't quit my job right after I graduated. I should've quit my job, but as you know, I didn't. It must have had something to do with my lazyness. But here I was, well into the new year, and I didn't quite yet get around to quitting my job. But as you know now, I finally DID get around to quitting my job.

I figured, surely i'd find a job by now. And surely, I didn't. The point being, I should've found a job a long time ago. So, nearing the fall semester, I decided that there was no way I was going to deliver pizzas to students that were going to graduate out of college in 2010. That's a long time from now. So, as you found out earlier, I finally quit my job.

It's interesting how we are a creature of habit. I don't work alot of hours, so I guess I can't relate with the "grind" that is the 9 to five. But week in and week out, I worked the closing shifts on wednesday, thursday, and friday. I'd have four days off, and then three days on. It was a simple system. The good news was, of course, that I had a three-day workweek. The bad news was, of course, that I didn't have money to spend during my four days off. It was one of those 'catch-22' you often hear about.

But now that im done working that schedule, I have to find a new job to get adjusted to. Not working is great, not having money to spend anything on negates all of it. So, just as soon as I quit my job, or at least the day after I quit, I started looking for work. I've actually been looking for work for the past 8 months. I think I may have something at a couple of places, but they're both at least a week or two away from completion.

It has now been five days since I finally quit my job, and I have yet to find a new one. I'm not crazy. I did plan for this discrepancy. I can comfortably get through this month, and coast through most of next month before I have to start collecting money from a new employer. My ideal situation, however, is that I start work come this monday.

But as far as this week is concerned, im just going to sit back and enjoy it. I think I should just sit down and really enjoy the simple fact which this entire entry is dedicated to, and that is that I finally, after 8 and a half months, I finally quit my job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home